Wednesday 1 June 2011

I praise you Lord for I am fearfully and wonderfully made..:)

I'm not gonna lie and say I've found the above verse easy to comprehend. Despite what people may think.. I have never thought very much of myself until very recently.

But. I was on my God walk this week and Suddenly it occured to me. I am fearfully and wonderfully made! I mean, look at nature, have you SEEN how beautiful it is?? And yet, us measely humans, we are made in the LIKENESS of our heavenly father! God has put his own image into humankind, which means that we reflect part of God's glory by simply being alive! That's a pretty insane thought! If we think that the world is beautiful- then think of how much more we are just because we share a small likeness in the creator! We are the Lord's masterpiece, the reason for creation in the first place! Wow....
But here I am, for years I used to think I was ugly, and other hideous things about myself, but actually, here is a truth I have learnt, and one I want to share with all of you..
WE, YOU, are God's MASTERPIECE, the one thing that God created to hold more beauty than anything else in the entire world. So here's a challenge: next time you see something that's really beautiful- think to yourself that God thinks you are even more beautiful! And watch your opinion of yourself start to change to truth.. slowly. But surely. You are more beautiful than even this...
now try and comprehend that! It's a pretty big deal huh? Yeah.. that's what I thought too!

No comments:

Post a Comment