Thursday 2 June 2011

Desires

I need patience.
It's weird, for years I just assumed I never really a desire to do much at all over the years, I always changed my mind over who I wanted to be when I was older, and just generally never had a clue.
So when I started doing a bible study which focused in on the desires of our hearts, I generally had no clue. And it was rather sad.
But then I was reading this book and I realised that actually, my innate desire to be a wife and a mother was actually a God given desire, and it was okay for that being my goal in life. To bless my husband and care for my children. That and to sing, but that's about it. My life has always been best when I know that everyone around me is doing alright. I say it a lot and I don't think people realise this,  but actually, my friends come before everything. Except God obvs. :) I genuinely am happiest when I know I've helped them cheer them up, or encouraged them in their spiritual journey, or just in general. So serving people is what I love to do.
However, when I realised that this desire was a God given one and was actually okay, it made it worse. I'm impatient, I just want to be married already! Everytime I see a kid or a baby my heart just breaks inside because I don't have any yet. It's ridiculous. :( I seriously need some patience, and hope that it's all going to be simply fine. I don't really have a message for this particular post, it's just how I'm feeling at this particular moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment