Friday 4 October 2013

You're Beautiful For Me

Man it's been a long time, I can't even remember what font I use or anything- I think I might need to remodel my blog anyway- but yes. If this is a little sketchy I apologise- it'll probably be a lot rough around the edges.

So I wrote a bunch of blogs on paper over the summer holidays (well... 3) and I never posted them so I thought I would now (that and I am not having the greatest day so I just need to focus on Jesus right now.) So here we go.. I'll post one today, and then another tomorrow and another on Sunday I reckon- we'll see- you know how bad I am at keeping promises about updating my blog haha.

Okay. So this is called-

Life Verses♥

Do you have one? Do you even know what I mean when I say life verse? 
I didn't really recognise mine for what they were until Steve's funeral when Daniel told us about Steves. (Man I miss Steve and Mandy.) I like to think of it as a verse that sums up your identity and purpose. One that you can hold on to and aspire to on your bad days, just for some encouragement and refreshment.

I have two (yay me.)
One, was given to me on my baptism day, and one that the person who gave it to me was more certain than ever  before that I was meant to receive that verse. (Didn't write that down properly I don't think- What she said was that she was never more certain of God telling her to do this particular thing. You know when you think he wants you to do something or give someone a verse or picture but you're not sure? Yeah, except this verse she gave me was the one time she knew in her heart so strongly that God wanted her to do this, she had more conviction for it than ever before about any word of picture. MAN that was long-winded and probably didn't make any sense, sorry!) The verse goes:

'The Lord your God has chosen you out of all of the peoples of the earth to be his own, his treasured possession,' Deut 7:6 

If you know me at all- you will probably have some idea of why this verse is so special to me, and why I cling to it till this day. If you don't know me, basically it's like this- I am incredibly insecure, and I have had the constant belief for as long as I've lived that I was never worth anything, and always second rate- not worth it. So hearing something like this- he chose ME out of everyone- is a pretty darn big deal.

The second was given to me about a year ago; it says-

'Glorious things are said of you, O city of Zion... and they will say- this one was born in Zion.' Psalm 87

Often when I'm having a bad day and feeling, let's say- not so great about being alive - I am always prompted this verse. It is a sign of hope for my future. I am fighting this for a reason, to fight for God's Kingdom in the area of Mental Health- This is God's plan, and I will get there. Thank you Jesus

Basically, the point of this verse was to encourage you to find a life-verse, it is such a blessing to have over my life. (and this is what I had written down on the end of my written version-) Basics- I think you should find yours, because it's a massive encouragement.



So that's it folks. Hope it made some sense and that you are blessed. Major love and prayers for you all. 
Love and Blessings,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment