Sunday 13 October 2013

I need more time

So, this post was not really planned so I have no idea how it's going to turn out- just a bit of a warning for you all! Let's hope some point comes across :)

If you didn't know- this past Thursday was world mental health day, a day which means a lot to me. Mental Health stigma needs to stop- full stop. There's nothing okay about it. People looking like you and acting like you're simply faking it and that you're looking for attention is just- horrendous. When you feel as bad as you do you cannot imagine how horrible it is when no one even slightly understands, when you feel the whole world is against you and people then tell you that actually what you're feeling is pretty much invalid- it just adds to those feelings making you feel worse than you did in the first place.

Basically- this is no joke. Life is genuinely difficult with depression- worse than you can imagine. I was gonna write a bit about my experiences but I can't really think much today which makes it harder to describe. But here

Imagine if you've broken your leg, and people would refuse to give you crutches saying it was all in your head- it's similar to that. I know it's only an analogy but imagine how mad you would be if you had a broken leg and people refused to give you help. It would be rubbish. And it's rubbish for me too.

It's a real thing- mental illness, you get absolutely no choice in the matter- it's not like you are just unappreciative, there is nothing within you that wants you to be happy, even when you are- there's this part of you which is jut waiting for you to sink and you end up feeling worse than you did to begin with. Can you imagine how guilty we feel when we know how good we've got it? You know how awesome my life is? I have brilliant friends- a brilliant family, I want for practically nothing. And yet I still hate my life. How ridiculous is that?I I want to be happy- I want to enjoy my life- my brain literally refuses to. It's horrific.

I'm not really sure what my point is- but whatevs. Here you go. ♥ 
Love & Blessings,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment