Sunday 2 September 2012

When will my life begin?

HEY FRIENDS.
New post time! It's only been what, a week? I'm not really sure!
So yes, if you know me, or just happen to follow me on twitter, you will know one thing for sures, I LOVE DISNEY. Like, really really love it, almost to the point of obsession. And especially their newest film Tangled (well.. technically it's wreck it ralph but that hasn't come out just yet...) It is AWESOME. And I like singing to all its songs and wonderfulness. Anyway, this is not the point. (I have got to learn to stop rambling.)

At the beginning of the film she sings this song 'when will my life begin?' Which is all about her wanting to leave the tower because well, she's lived their her whole life and doesn't have much to do with her life. Actually, I'm gonna post the song here- 'cause I loves it. 
So yeah, whilst I was watching it one day, I just was thinking about it and was like- well, when does life actually start? People are always quoting things like, 'everybody dies, but few people live' and whatnot. But my thoughts were, What actually counts as living? Doing those things that you really love. Or at least, that's all I've figured out so far. 
And I realised quite how often we stop ourselves from being able to live, due to fear, or boredom, or just so many reasons. I know I do! Rapunzel here, her life barely has begun because she is forced in a tower for the first 18 years of life, but how often do we just never realise that we could open that door and go out into the world? We keep ourselves in the tower, yet make statements about how we should be living our lives to the full and all those things. But do we actually go out or do it, or do we just talk about how cool it would be to do so?
This is just as much for me as for you, I spend most of my life just waiting for the next thing to happen to me, watching various episodes of Dawson's Creek and falling in love with fictional characters whom I know will never be able to hurt me. So yes, this post is a challenge.

Are we stopping ourselves from living life? And why? Do you even want to live life to the full? Jesus wants you to, and so do I.


Okay. That'll do huh?!

No comments:

Post a Comment