Tuesday 15 May 2012

The Valley

A few years ago, back in what I would definitely call the worst moments of my life, I used to sit on this block outside school every lunch time and read, mainly because I didn't have the emotional or physical energy to talk to people, but it was also my time to calm down from all the drama. Anyways.. (Why do I always go off on tangents?!) whilst I was sat there one morning, my friend came up to me and gave me a CD. A CD I still have on my desk with me right now as I'm writing this. And it says; "Sarah, it sucks that you're going through the valley. Here are some songs that keep me going." That album has 5 words on the front, "IT'S ALL GONNA BE ALRIGHT." God bless that gorgeous girl that gave it to me. But as I listen to one of my valley songs on repeat I suddenly felt an urge to blog about it, and usually when that happens it's because God has a purpose behind it. So here is a post just writing out my valley songs, for other people that may need it, or just having a page to myself where they are all in one place. Who knows? Whatever it is, God has his hand in it.

SO YES. Here goes. I'll go through the tracks on the CD first then some of my own individual favourites.

♥ Tim Hughes and the 29th Chapter- Saviour.
I first heard this song at Soul Survivor 2008, and I cried and cried even though everyone else was stood up pretending to be "gangsta" and rapping along to the words on screen. I didn't hear it for a very long afterwards but the lyrics are just so full of life. It's about leaning on Jesus during those hard moments. And it's also good to remind ourselves of the truth, that he is the one who is with us, the mighty counsellor.



♥ Sanctus Real - I'm not alright.
I think the main thing about this song is that it forces me to be honest about how I'm feeling. For a very long time, despite knowing I was miserable I never even considered actually having a mental illness because I just thought it was a normal teenage phase. But it just let's me honest. I'm not alright. I haven't been for a very long time. I think the song is actually about leading it all to Jesus, but tbh I never really listened to anything but "I'm not alright, I'm broken inside." It's also a sung by a pretty awesome band, which is always fun!

♥Casting Crowns- Praise you in the storm.

I think this song is one of the most powerful things ever. For one, Casting Crowns are insane, but really it's just wow. "Every tear I've cried, you've held in your hand, you've never left my side, and though my heart is torn, I will praise you in this storm." It is a song of such strength.






Casting Crowns- Does anybody hear her?
I used to listen to this song on repeat. Mainly because I felt like I was that girl, I felt so left out, like no one even knew how bad I was feeling. I think part of it is just knowing that someone feels the exact same way as I did. Like, even though you feel alone you're not, there are thousands of people around the world feeling the same things.





♥Tree 63- Alright
This is a song of hope. What more can I say? (Well everyone knows by now I can say so much about pretty much anything but still.. I shall try and refrain for once.)










♥Soul Survivor- Spontaneous Song
Ahh I am in love with this song. I think the bit where he sings "he is so proud of you" just gets me every time. Where in Zephaniah it says "he rejoices over you in singing" I think of this song.  









♥NEEDTOBREATHE - More Time. 
SUCH AN AMAZING BAND. Just sayin' ♥ But this song is amazing in so many ways, it was the top played on my ipod for several years. It just makes me think, yeah, I'll be okay, just give me some time, I will move past this. All things must come to an end (except God's kingdom) and so the depression will do too. I just need to give it time.





♥Carrie Underwood - Jesus Take the Wheel.
This song is more of a prayer. But it very good to cry along to and just be like.. JESUS I LOVE YOU PLEASE HELP ME. Like that.











♥Carrie Underwood - Ever Ever After
If you know me even a little bit, you will know that I am an absolute sucker for Disney. I'm not sure why but they are just so much fun. But I think for one thing they give me hope. Like, the world can live happily ever after. I know that's not always the most healthiest thing to do, as we all know the real world kinda sucks, but it just reminds me to be optimistic. "Let yourself be enchanted you just might break through.."



♥Mary Mary - Can't Give Up Now
I have the lyrics of this song on my God wall. It is inspiring. And amazing. just ahhh. Insane.











♥Hilary Duff- So Yesterday
hahaa Oh I'm so lame.. It's just the lyrics "haven't you heard that I'm gonna be okay?"
Plus I seem to love cheesy songs.











Nicole Nordeman - Beautiful for Me.
It's just a bit of a love letter from the father really isn't it?!














OKAY. I guess that'll do for now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment