Sunday 4 September 2011

New Challenges

I love my church.
do I say that enough? Probably not. They are just a wonderful group of people, and no one has to pretend around anyone else. If you're having a bad day then that's allowed ya'no? People will pray for you for just about anything with no condemnation, people will be open in which that we all have struggles. No one feels more important than another because we all understand that we don't deserve the gift of God. Yeah, that's exactly what I said. For ages this verse made me uneasy but recently I've realised the truth of it. "For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God." No longer do I have to pretend that I'm okay and better than I am, 'cause let's be honest I'm just as much as a screw up as the next person. I'm allowed to admit my faults, and can pray through them without worry of judgement by my peers.
I actually had a different point for this blog but it's kinda just come without really thinking. But I'm going out for lunch with the family in just a few minutes, so I'll leave with this point:

How often do we keep our mouths shut when really we want to SCREAM and tell people our deepest woes but we really need prayer and support? I know for one just this morning I wimped out when actually I knew God had spoken to me and was moving in me, but I was too shy to ask for help. Once you understand this simple fact, all have fallen short of the glory of God, you realise that they need God just as much as you do, and it becomes much easier to ask for prayer, because you know even if they judge you, you're exactly the same in God's eyes. You don't need to feel judged by man. We're all as bad as each other.
You're allowed to ask for help. It doesn't make you better or worse than anyone else, it just means you're honset about what you really are. Human. Once you've realised this and accepted the fact that only God can help us become a better person, it becomes much easier to open up to him and others about yours faults.

Okay now I've gone a tangent. But God told me I had a voice and I feel like what I'm saying although it's a bit sketchy, it can bless and inspire others through the truths of Jesus Christ. So I hope that's what it's done. God Bless x

(more to come later. might post a video blog (!) fun times)

No comments:

Post a Comment