Saturday 8 March 2014

You Satisfy Me

HI FRIENDS! Me again. Don't you love it?

Okay this is gonna be a short one today, mainly because I want to go to sleep, and also I think my point is pretty short, let's hope so huh? 

So I was doing my Bible story and I was writing some of my thoughts and God was like- you need to share this, and so I am!

Wooooo so let's share it huh?

Well basically I was reading Luke 8:22-25, which is the calming of the storm. Actually you know what I'll write it out for those of you who don't know it. How nice am i? ;) Alright this is from God's Word Translation.

"One day Jesus and his disciples got into a boat. He said to them, "Let's cross to the other side of the lake." So they started out. As they were sailing along, Jesus fell asleep.
A violent storm came across the lake. The boat was taking on water, and they were in danger. They went to him, woke him up and said, "Master! Master! We're going to die!" 
Then he got up and ordered the wind and the waves to stop. The wind stopped, and the sea became calm He asked them, "Where is your faith?" 
Frightened and amazed, they asked each other, "Who is this man? He gives orders to the wind and the water, and they obey him!"

Man I love this story. ANYWAY.
So I am amazed by how often I read this story and I'm like- DUDES HOW STUPID WERE THE DISCIPLES TO BE NERVOUS WHEN JESUS IS RIGHT THERE. Like, seriously, I am amazed by their stupidity every time. But this time I was reading it, and God was like- err Sarah, I love you but seriously? How often do you freak out when things are getting a little too much, and I'm literally inside you.
Wow. Challenge much? We are reading the bible like, haha the disciples had no faith in Jesus and he was right there, when actually God is just as real and just as alive as he was back then, and his power and spirit is actually in us, and how often do we lack faith?
The irony is not lost on me.

So yeah, I think I just wanted to point that out to everyone, oooh I think I know my point now (haha I thought I was just writing out that irony but I guess not!) Jesus is just as real and just as powerful as he was 2000 odd years ago when he was walking on this earth. He is still walking on this earth, just inside the bodies of us lovely humans. How crazy is that? We never have to be worried because God is literally with us the entire time.

I could go on for days (you know what I'm like with my ramblings) but I think that's gonna be it, as usual I hope my point actually made it across!

Love & Blessings guys, as always.
Sarah xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment