Wednesday 5 March 2014

I'll be the greatest man of your life

Hello wonderful ones :)

Okay this is gonna be a brief one, I'm in the bibs department (then again when am I NOT here?!) and doing some work but this suddenly popped into my head so I thought I'd get it out.

I was thinking about a wonderful girl I had the pleasure of living life with for a while and how desperately she seeked the holy spirit. 

And I was thinking about how often I feel the holy spirit manifesting on me (sounds weird but go with it, it's what I believe okay?) and how often I'm just content with feeling the presence of God that I ignore what he actually wants to do with me.

A lot of the time I pray and I feel God with me and I'm like- awwh thanks Jesus but I never actually ask him whether there's anything he wants to do in me.

This girl was so desperate for the spirit, but did not feel anything until we had prayed through a bunch of stuff she needed to let go of. And I realised that as soon as she felt the spirit she was like- awwh that's enough for me I don't need to work through all that stuff that really hurt me I'm just gonna let Jesus be with me.

And it is only until literally just now that I realised I let her think that was okay. I was rejoicing with her for feeling God and how awesome that was, but I didn't rejoice about how much we had worked through just before the spirit came on her. 

God often does so much in my life, but I'm too busy seeking to feel his spirit on me that I don't bother to thank him, or even let him do what he wants to do. Let's be honest here guys, God ALWAYS knows better than we do, so why do we only let him in as much as we feel comfortable with?

I'm not too sure whether my point has come across (or really what my point is) but I guess what I'm going to say is this- how often do we seek for his spirit to come and then just tell God 'awwh yeah that's enough Jesus that feels nice' and then ignore what he actually wants to do within us? Too often probably, or at least in my life.

So a challenge- next time you feel the presence of God, instead of asking God what you want him to do and fix in your life, why don't you let him in and let him decide what he wants to do, because he might actually know what's better for us in each encounter!

Am out. 
Love & Blessings.
Sarah xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment