Tuesday 3 July 2012

Reading

Okay.. I was gonna wait to do another one of these posts until I'd read a few more books, but I fell in love with a new book SO HARD that I just had to blog about the two I've read in the last well, 24 hours! 

So yeah.. I'll do the not so exciting one first.

Princess Diaries 10 - Meg Cabot.
I've read it before, but only once and a few years ago. It's like.. almost completing my childhood in some weird way. One of the first books I read for myself was the 2nd book (why I read it before the first I still don't know) and I just like.. grew up with Mia Thermopolis. Fell in love with Michael, and basically, the books, albeit being rather young for me now, and lacking in any main plotline for the most part, are so lovely. I loved reading them, and loved being taken on a ride with Mia until she FINALLY *spoiler* ends up with Michael and yay! Life is good again. I love those sorts of books. :) 6.5/10

So yes. Here's the one I LOVED.

Delirium - Lauren Oliver
THIS BOOK IS INSANE. EVERYONE SHOULD READ IT. AHHHHHH! I loved it. I read it in less than a day, and pretty much couldn't put it down once I'd gotten to the half way point, it took me on a whirlwind. It's about a world where love is apparently a 'disease' and when you're 18 you have to have this cure. And yeah, for starters- I loved it because I love the fight about like.. NO LOVE IS AMAZING. Because let's be honest here- everyone knows I'm a soppy romantic. And my goodness, half the stuff that happened I was just.. never expecting. I was so expecting it to be about one thing that when the rest of it went out I was like... WHAT?! The plot line was really clever, and the fight is just.. ahh I can't give this book enough praise. I want to read the sequel already. WHY DON'T I HAVE IT YET?! Oh wait, because it only just came out and is not in the library yet. At least a 8.5/10 - AT LEAST.

Okay. There we go. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment