Sunday 3 June 2012

the underdog

GAH. Hmm...


you know what I was thinking? We as human beings LOVE the underdog. Absolutely love that. When we see the underdog, some one who was never meant to amount to anything suddenly rise above it all and receive that awesome glory they were designed for, it makes so much difference. It gives such hope to think that normal people, people like you and me can make a difference in the world, that one single person can change it all.


I'm gonna give you a little testimony now, and although it seems really weird we'll get to the point okay?
Basically- if you know me you know how much I love glee. I don't know what it is about the programme but I just love it. Have tons of merchandise, saw it live, saw the cinema version of it live, seen every episode enough times to probably quote it the whole way through. Yeah, I love it. And so, I also quite like the glee project. It is this awesome programme where people get to audition to be part of glee. It's not quite like most reality shows as we have no input in the winner, it is simply watching a group of people compete and learn things about them. It's awesome though because we watch people who normally would probably not have a place in show business but this show is literally all about learning that every person has a specific place in life, that we can be great. But yeah, I was thinking yesterday about what type of character I'd be if I wanted to audition, what specific need would I have to overcome to succeed in being on a programme full of underdogs, and I realised something. 
I am simply human. I have a relatively sane life, most of these people all have something about them that they have overcome, and so pretty much act it out on tv, whereas I have nothing particularly like that. I just have a normal life, so what am I do to? I have no idea. If I were to audition I would like to think that my story line would be something like the normal person, the person who wants to be great but doesn't have a specific importance to overcome, just being themselves. That every person can relate to. We all can be special if we realise that. We're not simply normal. We are someone who can be just as great as everyone else. If we realise that being our self is enough. We all have greatness inside us, but a lot of think we need to have something particularly special to be seen as a world changer. 
But that's simply not true. Basics. I think my main point despite all this crazyness in my writing is this, that we should stop being so down on ourselves. We are special. We are important. We don't need to be anything or do anything particular to make ourselves worth while, just by being our self, exactly who God planned us to be, can we make a huge difference. We need confidence in that.


I know this is ridiculously rambly but I hope the main point has come out. Let's hope so anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment