Tuesday 21 August 2012

The Golden Ruler

Okay. This is gonna be a simple post. H0pefully. Or at least just some thoughts on a simple verse that most people know.

I mean, the golden rule huh?! 'Love your neighbour as yourself.' ♥

It couldn't get any simpler than that. You know, do onto your neighbour as you would have them done to you. Even people who don't read the bible use this as a general principle of life. It makes sense ya'no?!

But the question I want to ask is- 'who do you love more, your neighbour or yourself?'
To be honest; I find it a lot easier to love other people than I do myself. When I think about mistakes- when I see people making mistakes I just think that, oh- they're only human, I love them, and you just move on ya'no?! But when I think about myself, I don't forgive myself for the simpliest things. For example, I went to the co-op on sunday and left my debit card at the till only to get it back today after hours of searching for it. And walking up there, I left like the biggest idiot in the world. I just wanted to cry and felt SO stupid. If anyone else had done that, I probably would've said it was a silly thing to do, but I wouldn't give them any grief compared to that which I get myself. And I hate myself for the smallest of things I wouldn't think twice about other people doing.
So yeah. I was thinking about it, and it's quite true that actually, I need to love my neighbour in the same way I love myself. So why do I not love myself?

I know people say that you can only really love other people if you love yourself, but I actually find it a lot easier to love other people. I'm not really sure how that works but what can you do?

So my question, do you love your neighbour more or less than you love yourself? ♥
Think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment