Monday 20 February 2012

The Great High Priest

I'm back!! yay :)


Okay. Well I have so many thoughts I could write about but there's one that's specifically on my heart right now, well actually two but one I actually have been thinking enough to make a decent post. So yes. It's this- the High Priest.
At Church on sunday when I was back in Bristol for my birthday (:D:D) we were talking about true worship and the rituals of worshiping with God via the arc of the covenant. 
So a bit of background for those of you who haven't read the end of Exodus- so basics, because God is so amazingly pure and whatnot people were not allowed behind the curtain in the tent of worship when God's presence was there (you could tell because this amazing cloud would cover it I thinks) and then once a year or something like that the High Priest was allowed to enter through the curtain and see God in all his glory and then atone for the sins of Israel via animal sacrifice. 
So yeah, as we were being told about this I turned round to my mummy and was like.. how amazing would it be to be able to see God in all his glory? To see that much holiness and be surrounded in it. And then later on Rob (the preacher) was telling us how WE are now in the same position as the high priest, because Jesus took that sacrifice for us. Wow.
Why don't you think people ignore the fact that we are actually in such a rare situation, and how often do we actually take it when we really need it. Whenever we want, just by calling on Jesus' name- can we see Jesus in ALL his glory. Just because he loves us that much. Flipping insane if you ask me. And we don't even only get to do it once in a while, we can do it every minute of every day, if we wanted to (and tbh what is better than being in the presence of our loving maker?!?) 
So yeah. basics- the point of this post is really just to encourage you to SEEK the presence of the Lord. He's right there with us. Let's take hold of this birth right we have and see God's kingdom on earth- because that would be pretty darn awesome if you ask me!

No comments:

Post a Comment